4.03.2007

Something I Overheard

I dread going to Wal-Mart. It ranks up (down) there with long post office and bank lines. I went there last week to buy bottled water, a loaf of bread and string. The one redeeming part of this trip there was a random thing an older lady said to somebody, as I was passing by. She said, "Once a redneck, always a redneck" and then laughed a Wal-Mart brand laugh. Use your imagination.

My favorite Wal-Mart story:
May 6, 2003 This happened at the same store. I had to leave early for work one day, to drive south somewhere. It was a Tuesday and I was really hoping to purchase an album that I knew was available that day. I had to leave early, so I knew the only store that was open that might have it was tha big WM. I went to the entertainment section and scanned the shelves and didn't find the CD. Asking the young clerk working in that section didn't help anything either. In a huff, I went to look for something to snack on for the drive. I was by the diaper department when, over the intercom, the young clerk asks, "Will the customer that was looking for Anthrax please return to the entertainment counter." A giant smile crossed my face. I wondered if he realized what he just said. I wanted to know if anyone else caught what had been said. Classic.

No comments: