5.18.2007

Emphasis on gut and eardrums

I have a spare minute, so I'm going to write about my lunchtime eating habits and the great concert I attended Wednesday night.

Lunch bo bunch: Because I'm odd and lazy, I have been making peanut butter and nutella sandwiches in hotdog buns. I was buying bread for meat sandwiches for lunch for a while, but I'm so germophobic that I was washing my hands much more than I felt comfortable. Loaves of bread wouldn't last more than a week and keeping deli meat fresh worried me too, so I settled for an 18 oz. bottle of Jif Creamy and brought a reduced-to-oil Nutella from home. I purchased a 16- count package of Wonder hot dog buns because I'll always have a place in my heart for wonder after our fifth grade(?) class visited the factory and we each received our own mini loaf o' bread. I've been making my own Bollycao. (Click on Bollycoas on the bottom right) Yeppers. I mean, yummers. Fee fi mo munch.

In theory, I'm saving money.

I TiVo'd the recent season of Celebrity Fit Club. I get inspired to make changes - to eat right and start exercising more, and then I go to sleep.

Avoiding mirrors and looking at the floor has helped avoid body issue drama.

I went to see Black Rebel Motorcycle Club on Wednesday night. I'm calling it the best rock show that I've ever attended. Special thanks and shout-outs go to the drunk guy that would point at Peter Hayes while they both sang the songs. Drunk guy was on the balcony pumping his pointy finger at Peter accentuating every word of the lyrics as if to illustrate, "You're not the only one that knows the words, silly goose." I saw this because I was up on the balcony too. I had to go back to my car because I forgot my I.d. and you can't go upstairs without being of age and sporting your I.d.

In the Venue has hosted all of the concerts that I've flown solo on. I've seen The Walkmen w/ Mazarin, The Futureheads w/ Tapes 'N Tapes, TV on the Radio, and now BRMC. This was the first time I ventured upstairs to try and find a spot out of the blast range of the Venue's semi-crappy sound system. Upstairs was better, but I wasn't ready for the flood lights that BRMC brought with them that were all pointed at the balcony. My eyes adjusted and I didn't see spots after the first two songs.

The band was amazing. I fell in love with their music six years ago with their first album. It seemed to me that that album would translate directly to a live stage performance. I wasn't wrong. The latest album has a much glossier production and I had to hear some songs live to really appreciate them. The finer production takes the music out of my imagined context of the band. Gibberish.

Peter Hayes hung out on the balcony, three feet away from me and watched Eastern Conference Champions perform. I never dare say anything to musicians I idolize. He looked just like this- The presure I was taking off of my ears going upstairs was equal to the bad exposure I opened myself up to via second-hand smoke. I'll sit closer to the open air area of the balcony next Tuesday. Last February I purchased tickets to see BRMC and Animal Collective. AC should be an interesting show. Let me know if you want to go too. Times up. Me no blogging gooder.

No comments: